Friday, December 12, 2008

Chicago Vacation Pictures


St. John the Baptist, Donatello


Friday, the Second Week in Advent


Hi kids! My vacation pictures just came back from being developed, so I'll post a few. In the olden days they had to bore people with slide shows. Now we can do it with blogs online.






"My kind of town, Chicago is." (Thanks, Frank.) This is the Chicago Skyline taken from the north at Fullerton Avenue Beach. Usually they take skyline shots looking west from Lake Michigan, but then you have to be out in a boat, and that costs money. The rest of the pictures are from the Lincoln Park Zoo or Lincoln Park Conservatory






It was fall and the trees had begun changing their colors.






Here's my special artistic-type photo of autumn leaves (cue piano player).





The Conservatory Palm House. There's nothing better than
walking in here on a cold day and imagining you're in the tropics.







This was the special show for the fall-a garden around a pagoda. Very artsy.






Giraffe or GY-raff as my father would have pronounced it.






The gorilla of my dreams (or nightmares).







Boy, this is the best picture of a tiger I've ever taken.
Of course it's been enhanced and cropped with Photoshop,
but I have to do something since I use a old camera
that takes pictures on film.




A blessed Advent to you. May the Lord bless you on your journey and greet you on your arrival.


Wayne






3305

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home